He is a senior lawyer with a strong academic and practical background in intellectual property, media and commercial law and provides assistance with contracting and liability advice as well as with litigation and dispute resolution.
He works with a broad spectrum of creatives:
- Technology developers and suppliers such as App, games, web site and software developers and service suppliers
- R&D Investors
- Copyright creators: architects and screen (film, television and online) content producers, licensors and distributors
- Brand owners, advertising and media organisations.
He helps with:
- Identification, ownership, transfer and licensing of intellectual property rights
- Domestic and international trade mark registration, licensing and protection of trade marks including Opposition and Non-Use proceedings
- Negotiating the variety of domestic and international contracts required for the financing and production of screen projects
- Pre-publication legal reviews and chain-of-title copyright opinions
- Resolving disputes involving intellectual property, media and defamation.
Recent major achievements
- Representing the makers of the documentary feature film The Opposition to successfully defend high-profile court proceedings seeking to censor the documentary – Carol Anne Kidu v Hollie Fifer, Media Stockade Pty Ltd and Beacon Films Pty Ltd  NSWSC 982.
- Conducting cutting-edge litigation in the Federal Court of Australia alleging online authorisation of copyright infringement by global business.
- Advising the makers of the controversial investigative feature film Frackman.
- Advising prolific screen production company Wild Fury (now WildBear Entertainment) on financing and production of a slate of projects including Electric Boogaloo, Machete Maidens Unleashed, The Kangaroo King, Save Your Life Tonight, The Curse of the Gothic Symphony, Dancing Down Under.
Master of Laws (Intellectual Property), University of Queensland
Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Queensland
Admitted Solicitor: Supreme Court Queensland (1984), High Court of Australia (1986), National and Supreme Courts of Papua New Guinea (1986)
Accredited Business Law Specialist (2006).
Swimming and travel