Michael is the head of our Property Services team and a well-known Brisbane lawyer practising in property, body corporate and commercial law.
With many years’ experience, Michael has held senior roles in private practice, is a regular presenter for professional development courses across a range of subjects in his area of expertise and is a part time lecturer for the College of Law (Master of Applied Law).
Michael has significant legal experience, including in the following areas:
Body Corporate Law
- Adjudications, levy collections, advice on the BCCMA and management right transfers
- Dispute and dispute resolution
- New Community Management Statements
- Termination of Community Title Schemes
- Building Management Statements
- Acquisition and disposals
- Advertising signed and billboards, licences and leases for advertising
- Dispute management, representation and resolution in retail lease and property disputes
- All aspects of commercial, industrial and retail leasing
- Planning and development approvals, licences, land use regulation, easements and development conditions
- Compulsory acquisitions
- Due diligence investigations, analysis and reports
- Expert property law reports
- Financing, investment and development (commercial, residential, industrial and mixed use), mergers and acquisitions and syndicates
- Commercial and property based joint ventures
- Planning and Environment
- Project planning, off the plan contracts and disclosure statements
- Revenue, transfer duty, GST, land tax assessments and land valuation objections
- Asset sale agreements
- Commercial advice and agreements
- Not for Profits advice and agreements
- Sale and acquisition of business
- Share sale transactions
- Trust structuring and trust establishment, including unit and discretionary trusts and unitholder agreements
- Finance, loans and mortgages
Solicitor, Supreme Court Queensland (1982)
Master of Laws, University of Queensland
Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland
Michael has been recognised in the Best Lawyers® 2021 and Best Lawyers® 2022 lists as one of Brisbane’s best Real Property Lawyers.
In the Community
Michael is Director of Chain Reaction Challenge Foundation and Chair of the Queensland Organising Committee for Chain Reaction, a 7 day charity event for corporates and executives raising significant funds for seriously ill children and support for their families.
Michael also holds positions as Director of SolarBuddy.org Ltd, an Australian charity at the forefront of dealing with energy poverty and Southern Cross Soloists Ltd, a not for profit playing and promoting chamber music.