Sarah practises as Special Counsel in the BRH Employment and Workplace Health and Safety team, after practicing in workplace and employment law for more than 19 years.
Relying on her many years of practical experience within government departments and large companies and in private practice, Sarah has developed first-hand knowledge and an insightful appreciation of the issues concerning both employers and employees in small and medium size businesses. Prior to joining BRH Sarah practiced employment and human resources law in her own firm.
As a lawyer and a human resources practitioner, Sarah draws on her knowledge of general and specialty workplace issues and compliance breaches that may arise in both private and public sectors to achieve successful outcomes for her clients.
Sarah has extensive experience in the following areas:
- General employment advice
- Specialty employment advice – redundancy and restructure, wage theft, independent contractors, restraint of trade, breach of contract and transfer of business
- Modern Awards, Enterprise Bargaining Agreements and Contract advice and interpretation
- Drafting of employment contracts and independent contractor arrangements
- Disciplinary, grievance and termination matters – advice and assistance
- Legal project work
- Preparation of claims – unfair dismissal, general protections, discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Recovery of underpayment or non-payment of wages and entitlement claims
- Court representation – State and Federal Courts, Commissions and Tribunals
- Provision of high level legal advice to business owners, Directors, key stakeholders, board members and senior management teams
- Drafting of Human Resources policies and procedures
- Training, coaching and mentoring seminars for management
- Workplace Compliance Audits
- Advice and assistance with all general HR matters